NAMI Alliance Day: Strengthening the Alliance
What is NAMI Alliance Day?
NAMI Alliance Day precedes the NAMI Convention and is designed specifically for NAMI State Organizations and NAMI Affiliates. Presented and developed by NAMI National’s Alliance Relations, Development and Field Governance (ARDFG) Department, this day is dedicated to supporting the great work taking place across the Alliance.
When is NAMI Alliance Day?
NAMI Alliance Day is on Tuesday June 14th. Sessions from 10am to 3pm are open to all NAMI Alliance Day registrants. Advisory Council Business Meetings will take place 3pm to 5pm and are by invitation only. NAMI Alliance Day precedes the NAMI Convention (June 15th & 16th).
Who is ARDFG?
The Alliance Relations, Development and Field Governance (ARDFG) department is a field-facing department within NAMI that is comprised of four teams: Field Capacity Building, Field Resource Development (NAMIWalks), Field Governance and Membership and Knowledge & Learning.
Who is NAMI Alliance Day for?
Staff, Executive Directors, Board Members and volunteers of all NAMI State Organizations and NAMI Affiliates.
Who is presenting on NAMI Alliance Day?
Presentations will be delivered by several NAMI National Staff, including members of the ARDFG department, as well as Sherman Gillums, Chief Strategy and Impact Officer, and Dawn Brown, National Director, Helpline Services. We will also have a couple of external speakers, including Gayle Tang, Principal Consultant, and Lindsey Waldron, Manager, Bridgespan.
What can I expect on NAMI Alliance Day?
- An opportunity to get to the know the ARDFG department and how they support our NAMI State Organizations and Affiliates.
- Learn about how NAMI is using data collected from the Alliance through three recent surveys conducted by NAMI.
- How to transform your Helpline services using NAMI Helpline technology and web-based training.
- NAMI State Organization and Affiliate Awards Presentation, information, and resources to help you and your organization including:
- A NAMI New Leader resource
- Information on the governance of using NAMI logo
- A new fundraising strategy